Adding a promo slide to your display can be done in 4 easy steps:
- Save any graphics as high resolution image files (.png or .jpg), or videos as .mp4 files that you want to include as a promo slide.
- Upload the image(s) to your media library located on the left hand side of your account dashboard, or upload videos to a host application.
- Choose the image/video in your live display presentation builder and control the rotation timing.
- Save and launch your display!
To add video interstitials, use a permanent URL
There are several downloadable apps that will allow you to create a video URL shortcut for your promo slide. We recommend Dropbox.
Dropbox is an application that creates a folder on your desktop where you can save video files and generate URL’s for those files. Dropbox is available on Mac, Windows, Linux and mobile (you can view all compatibility requirements here: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/3). To download, visit this link: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/4454. (We recommend Dropbox, but you can use any tool that creates a permanent URL for the file.)
Step One: Select and Save your Promo Slide Files
- Promo slides can be a graphic or a video file.
- Graphic files can be saved directly to Media Library on Tagboard.
- Graphics: high-resolution image files (.png or .jpg)
- Videos: .mp4 files
- Video files must be saved to Dropbox to create a display URL
Don’t forget to take into account the screen ratio of the screen that your display will be shown on. If your screen is a standard 16:9 screen, your graphic or video should be created with the same ratio. If you screen is a vertical 9:16 screen, then your promo slides should be created for that ratio.
For Lower Third Displays, the promo slide is confined to the active space, so be sure to create your graphic or video in the same dimension as your Lower Third and within your safe zone. By default, the height is 30% of the display height. (Ex: in a 1920x1080 display, the Lower Third dimensions are 1920x324).
Step Two: Upload Image to Media Library or Generate a Video link
- Image files can be directly uploaded to Tagboards Media Library
- To create a Dropbox link, simply drag and drop your .mp4 file into the Dropbox folder or upload the file on Dropbox.com, and then click on the Dropbox icon and select "Copy Link".
Step Three: Add image/video link to Presentation Builder
Open your Tagboard live display, select “settings,” scroll down until you see a section called “Presentation Builder”. Add images from media library, or add video URL link from applications like Dropbox.
Always replace the "0" at the end of your Dropbox link with a "1". The link will not work without the “1”.
Step Four: Apply or Save
Click ‘Apply’ to save for just this session, or choose "Save" to save these settings to your tagboard moving forward.
That’s it! You are now ready to launch your Presentation.
Toggle Promo Slides On/Off
If you ever want to hide/show specific Promo Slides or all Slides, you can toggle the visibility by selecting "Toggle all visible" or by selecting the eye icon next to the particular slide.
Updated about a year ago