Things to know
- Tagboard is a web-based application
- Tagboard runs in any up-to-date browser
- Recommended browser: Google Chrome (for its security, ability to go full-screen without any controls showing, and speed)
- Tagboard requires broadband internet (20 mbps recommended), and standard HTTPS (SSL) ports for web browsing
There are several ways you can use Tagboard live display
- Laptop-to-screen via appropriate cable connection (hdmi, dvi, or vga)
- Signal conversion via scan converter, mixer or scaler
- Tablet-to-screen via Apple AirPlay (or similar signal flow)
Tagboard can fit on any size monitor. As long as the monitor can display a website, Tagboard can fill the screen. We have clients that utilize Tagboard on all monitors no matter what size and shape. This could be background monitors in the studio, feeding external monitors and on lobby computer monitors
Option 1: Laptop-to-screen via appropriate wired connection (hdmi, dvi, or vga)
Goal: leverage a laptops video output using the appropriate wired signal (hdmi, dvi, or vga) to mirror laptop display on screens, TVs, projectors, or video walls. (1) Simply launch your live display on a laptop web browser. (2) Adjust your device's power settings so that it never sleeps. (3) Put your device in presentation mode to hide the navigation bar. (4) Connect the device using the appropriate cable to the screen. You may need to adjust the device's output settings to accommodate vertical or non-standard screen ratios.
Option 2: Full Screen Router Source Using Scan Converter
Goal: convert computer signal to broadcast video for: (1) full-frame graphics, (2) DVE or PiP graphics, you can crop the screen or do a DVE Pushback and squeeze the programing above it or (3) keyed graphics for lower third, key out the green or blue background.
Option 3: Wireless Tablet Mirroring
Goal: leverage a mobile tablet’s video output using wired or wireless signal and integrate in video broadcast. You can use an iPad, Microsoft Surface or other tablet and take it to screen via Airplay, hdmi, or mirroring software. If you are using an iPad you can download Flawless, a free app that allows you to display Tagboard on your screens without the URL bar.
iPad's not Reccomended
Because of the memory requirements for built-in animations, we recommend avoiding running Tagboard Live on an iPad. If portability is important, a Surface Pro 3 can be used.