Tagboard utilizes source network public APIs to aggregate public social posts. To ensure your tagboard is receiving all of the posts your community is posting, it is important to understand a few things:
- Tagboard only aggregates public posts. Any private posts will not aggregate to Tagboard.
- Tagboard does not aggregate native retweets or cross posts (e.g. tweets with Instagram photos)
- Unless you're an Enterprise customer, your tagboard can be throttled based on usage across the platform
- Source network API outages sometimes occur
- Sometimes posts aren't indexed by the source networks in their search APIs; this can be related to a number of variables, including spam protection or how new an account is
Due to known limitations with data provided through Facebook APIs, posts from Facebook users cannot be guaranteed. Public posts from Pages have a greater chance of being aggregated.
If you find your tagboard isn't displaying posts you fully expect to be shown, we recommend checking the following:
- Post privacy settings — must be set to Public
- Hashtag spelling — often authors have misspelled the hashtag
- Author status on the source network — some users haven't yet been established as active, so networks omit their posts from their search index
- Tagboard keyword filter settings — make sure you haven't set your tagboard to filter posts with a particular keyword that is actually removing more than you intended
If you still have trouble, don't hesitate to contact our support team at support. We'll do our best to help!